101 is a prime number from 101-200. 101 has 2 factors, 1 and 101. It is said to be a number wherein you use it for teaching, e.g. Prime Numbers 101. It is the 26th prime number, and the first prime number from 101-200.
As an Exponent of Mersenne Number
2101 - 1 is divisible by 7,432,339,208,719, and is therefore not a prime number.
Relationship with other odd numbers
The numbers before
- The previous prime number is 97.
- 97 and 101 are four numbers apart; therefore, they are cousin primes.
- The previous prime number before 97 is 89.
The numbers after
- The next odd number, 103, is a prime number.
- There are no odd numbers between 101 and 103. As a result, they are twin primes.
- 107 is the next prime number after 103.
- 101 and 107 are six numbers apart; therefore, they are sexy primes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.