103 is a prime number from 101-200. 103 has 2 factors, 1 and 103. It is the 27th prime number, and the second prime number from 101-200.
As an Exponent of Mersenne Number
2103 - 1 is divisible by 2,550,183,799, and is therefore not a prime number.
Relationship with other odd numbers
The numbers before
- The previous prime number is 101.
- There are no odd numbers between 101 and 103. As a result, they are twin primes.
- The previous prime number before 101 is 97.
- 97 and 103 are six numbers apart; therefore, they are sexy primes.
The numbers after
- The next prime number is 107.
- 103 and 107 are four numbers apart; therefore, they are cousin primes.
- 109 is the next prime number after 103.
- 103 and 109 are six numbers apart; therefore, they are sexy primes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.