127 is a prime number from 101-200. 127 has 2 factors, 1 and 127. It is the 31st prime number, and the sixth prime number from 101-200. It is the 4th Mersenne Prime, being 27 - 1 = 127, the second Double Mersenne Prime and smallest Triple Mersenne Prime (both facts since 7 is a Double Mersenne Prime).
As an Exponent of Mersenne NumberEdit
2127 - 1 is a prime number. It is the 12th Mersenne Prime. The full number consists of 39 digits:
Relationship with other odd numbersEdit
The numbers beforeEdit
- The previous prime number is 113. It features a huge gap, as 113 and 127 are fourteen numbers apart.
- Among the odd composite numbers between them:
- 117 and 123 are divisible by 3.
- 115 and 125 are divisible by 5.
- 119 is divisible by 7.
- 121 is divisible by 11. In addition, it is a square number.
The numbers afterEdit
- The next prime number is 131.
- 127 and 131 are four numbers apart; therefore, they are cousin primes.
- 43 x 3 = 129.
- 137 is the next prime number after 131.
- In particular, 133 is divisible by 7, therefore not a prime number.
- 127 hours, a film based on true story.