283 is a prime number from 201-300. 283 has 2 factors, 1 and 283. It is the 61st prime number, and the fifteenth prime number from 201-300.
Relationship with other odd numbers
The numbers before
- The previous prime number is 281.
- There are no odd numbers between 281 and 283. As a result, they are twin primes.
- The previous prime number before 281 is 277.
- 277 and 283 are six numbers apart; therefore, they are sexy primes.
- The previous prime number before 277 is 271.
The numbers after
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.