487 is a prime number from 401-500. 487 has 2 factors, 1 and 487. It is the 93rd prime number, and the fifteenth prime number from 401-500.
Relationship with other odd numbers
The numbers before
- The previous prime number is 479.
- 481 is a composite number; it is the product of 13 and 37.
- The previous prime number before 479 is 467.
- 469 is divisible by 7, while 473 is divisible by 11. Both numbers are composite.
The numbers after
- The next prime number is 491.
- 487 and 491 are four numbers apart; therefore, they are cousin primes.
- 499 is the next prime number after 491.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.