491 is a prime number from 401-500. 491 has 2 factors, 1 and 491. It is the 94th prime number, and the sixteenth prime number from 401-500.
Relationship with other odd numbers
The numbers before
- The previous prime number is 487.
- 487 and 491 are four numbers apart; therefore, they are cousin primes.
- The previous prime number before 487 is 479.
- 481 is a composite number; it is the product of 13 and 37.
The numbers after
- The next prime number is 499.
- In particular, 493 is the product of 17 and 29, while 497 is divisible by 7.
- 503 is the next prime number after 499.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.