499 is a prime number from 401-500. 499 has 2 factors, 1 and 499. It is the 95th prime number, and the seventeenth and last prime number from 401-500.
Relationship with other odd numbers
The numbers before
- The previous prime number is 491.
- In particular, 493 is the product of 17 and 29, while 497 is divisible by 7.
- The previous prime number before 491 is 487.
The numbers after
- The next prime number is 503.
- 499 and 503 are four numbers apart; therefore, they are cousin primes.
- 509 is the next prime number after 503.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.