587 is a prime number from 501-600. 587 has 2 factors, 1 and 587. It is the 107th prime number, and the twelfth prime number from 501-600.
Relationship with other odd numbers
The numbers before
- The previous prime number is 577.
- 581 is divisible by 7, while 583 is divisible by 11.
- The previous prime number before 577 is 571.
The numbers after
- The next prime number is 593.
- 587 and 593 are six numbers apart; therefore, they are sexy primes.
- 589 is a composite number; it is the product of 19 and 31.
- 599 is the next prime number after 593.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.