59 is a prime number from 1-100. 59 has 2 factors, 1 and 59. It is the seventeenth prime number, and the seventeenth prime number from 1-100.
As an Exponent of Mersenne Number
259 - 1, which is the number 576,460,752,303,423,487, is divisible by 179,951, and therefore not a prime number.
Relationship with other odd numbers
The numbers before
- The previous odd number, 57, is not a prime number. It is divisible by 3 and 19.
- The odd number previous to 57 is 55. 55 is not a prime number. It is divisible by 5 and 11.
- The odd number previous to 55 is 53. 53 is a prime number.
- 53 and 59 are six numbers apart; therefore, they are sexy primes.
The numbers after
- The next odd number, 61, is a prime number.
- There are no odd numbers between 59 and 61. As a result, they are twin primes.
- 63, the odd number following 61, is not a prime number. It is divisible by 3, 7, 9, and 21.
- 67 is the next prime number after 61.
- 61 and 67 are six numbers apart, so they are sexy primes.