61 is a prime number from 1-100. 61 has 2 factors, 1 and 61. It is the eighteenth prime number, and the eighteenth prime number from 1-100.
As an Exponent of Mersenne Number
261 - 1, which is the number 2,305,843,009,213,693,951, is a prime number. It is the 9th Mersenne Prime.
Relationship with other odd numbers
The numbers before
- The previous odd number, 59, is a prime number.
- There are no odd numbers between 59 and 61. As a result, they are twin primes.
- The prime number previous to 59 is 53. All numbers between 53 and 59 are composite.
- Among them, 55 is divisible by 5 and 11 while 57 is divisible by 3 and 19.
The numbers after
- The next odd number, 63, is not a prime number. It is divisible by 3.
- 65, the odd number following 63, is also not a prime number. It is divisible by 5.
- 67, the odd number following 65, is a prime number.
- 61 and 67 are six numbers apart; therefore, they are sexy primes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.