79 is a prime number from 1-100. 79 has 2 factors, 1 and 79. It is the 22nd prime number, and the 22nd prime number from 1-100.
As an Exponent of Mersenne Number
279 - 1 can be divided by 2,687, and is therefore not a prime number.
Relationship with other odd numbers
The numbers before
- The previous prime number is 73. All numbers between 73 and 79 are composite.
- Among them, 75 is divisible by 5, while 77 is divisible by 7 and 11.
- 73 and 79 are six numbers apart; therefore, they are sexy primes.
The numbers after
- The next odd number, 81, is not a prime number. It is a square of 9 and the fourth power of 3.
- 83, the odd number following 81, is a prime number.
- 79 and 83 are four numbers apart; therefore, they are cousin primes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.