97 is a prime number from 1-100. 97 has 2 factors, 1 and 97. It is the 25th prime number, and the 25th and last prime number from 1-100.
As an Exponent of Mersenne Number
297 - 1 is divisible by 11,447, and is therefore not a prime number.
Relationship with other odd numbers
The numbers before
- The previous prime number is 89. All numbers between 91 and 97 are composite.
- Among them, 91 is divisible by 7 and 13, 93 by 3, and 95 by 5.
- 89 and 97 are eight numbers apart. It features the longest gap between prime numbers from 1 to 100.
The numbers after
- The next prime number is 101. 101 is the first 3-digit prime.
- 97 and 101 are four numbers apart; therefore, they are cousin primes.
- The next prime number after 101 is 103.
- 97 and 103 are six numbers apart; therefore, they are sexy primes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.