Response to Blueeighthnote: There are more than three correct answers, but I was only looking for three.
These are really fun problems I want to share with you guys.
This is the last time I will put multiple questions of the day for one day.
Question of the Day 1- 10 points
If there are 31 apples in a bowl and you take 4, how many apples do you have?
Question of the Day 2- 10 points
You walk into a room where there are 3 people who are 5 years old, 4 people who are 15 years old, 6 who are 13 years old, and 2 who are 18 years old. How many people are in the room?
Question of the Day 3- 10 points
Question of the Day 4- 10 points
At Umpaloompa's Tree Store, all of the Christmas trees are 60% off. Linka bought a tree and paid $102.40. Assuming theres no tax, what was the original price of the tree that Linka purchased?
COMPLETE ALL 4 OF THESE QUESTIONS CORRECTLY TO EARN 100 FREE POINTS!
1. Yes the first answer is 400.
2. The answer is 20. Note that when a door is in a locked state at night, then their door will end up being unlocked in the morning if it gets toggled an odd number of time. If the door is toggled an even number of times, obviously, it remains locked (yes, even prime numbers). Every door gets toggled by the total number of factors it has. Lets take any number and a divisor. n divided by d is a divisor, so that EVERY NUMBER MUST HAVE AN EVEN NUMBER OF DIVISORS, UNLESS IT IS A PERFECT SQUARE. For example, 8 has an even number of divisors: 1, 2, 4, 8. But 25 has an odd number of divisors: 1, 5, 25. Since there are 20 perfect squares from 1-400, hence we get 20.
3. Answers may vary. I looked for three correct answers.
1. Blueeighthnote: 1085 points - Nice Work!
2. TimBluesWin: 500 points - Nice Work!
3. Imamadmad: 35 points
3. Julianthewiki: 35 points
5. Supermario3459: 15 points
6. Wildoneshelper: 10 points
6. Zombiebird4000: 10 points
6. 22.214.171.124: 10 points - has your IP number changed?
AVERAGE SCORE - 212.5 (Magnificent! Above average)
350+ (Outstanding! - will bump up difficulty a few notches)
CURRENT STANDING POINT: 200-349.9999(Above average - will bump up difficulty a notch)
GOAL FOR GROUP: 150-199.9999(Proficient)
28-59.9999 (Below Basic)
25-27.9999 (Far Below Basic - will bump down difficulty a notch)
0-24.9999 (Poor - will bump down difficulty a few notches)