1 person answered yesterday??? Ummmm??? Okay???
Here are two nice questions I found scribbled in my math notebook.
The Question of the Day - 15 points
1. Shirley has a bottle filled with 6 cups of liquid that is 50% water and 50% lemon juice. Brian steals her bottle and drinks some of the mixture. He then fills the bottle back up with water. Shirley gets suspicious about the bottle and has the liquid tested at a laboratory. The lab results show that the mixture in the bottle is only 37.5% lemon juice. How many cups of the mixture did Brian drink? Express your answer as a decimal to the nearest tenth.
The Question of the Day - 10 points
2. Andrew and Jason are two boys who do unique things to entertain themselves. One of the unique things is counting in an interesting fashion..
Andrew decides to count like this: If Andrew says an odd number, he will add 5 to get the next number he will say, and if he says an even number, he will divide by 2 to get the next number he will say.
Jason decides to count like this: If Jason says an odd number, he will subtract 3 to get the next number he will say, and if he says an even number, he will divide by 2 to get the nextnumber he will say.
The first number Andrew says is 7, and the first number Jason says is 17. If andrew adds up the first 10 numbers he says, and Jason addds up the first 10 numbers he says, what is the positive difference between their 2 sums?
1. The pattern was every other prime number: Therefore, the next numbers were 43, 53, 61. Blueeighthnote, you got a different answer here. If there is an ambiguity in the question, please notify me right away.
2. Correct (part of the difficulty of the question was not using a calculator)
3. Correct (Wow, that was nice)
4. Correct (Good Job)
1. Blueeighthnote: 1615 points (2 achvmt pkgs) --> Jeezaloo!
2. TimBluesWin: 625 points (1 achvmt pkg)
3. Imamadmad: 180 points (1 achvmt pkg)
4. Julianthewiki: 100 points (1 achvmt pkg)
5. 69.235...:35 points (1 achvmt pkg)
6. Zombiebird4000: 20 points (1 achvmt pkg)
7. Supermario3459: 15 points (1 achvmt pkg)
8. Wildoneshelper: 10 points (1 achvmt pkg)
9. Emmaelise401: -- points (I will add your name here. Work your way up from the slackers section to the top!)
Currently Found Achievements
1. Quick Thinker! (+10 points) - Awarded for posting an answer before I write "Please leave your answers here."
2. RARE: Leaderboards Expert! (+300 points) - Awarded for being 1st place on the leaderboards for 30+ days.
Can you find the rest of them?